Walking into the comfort of the uncomfortable

Let me first be clear that this is not some kind of religious blog about a guy that happens to utilize the services of a shrink ( as someone else close to me thought the 'couch' reference meant). This is the kind of religious blog by a guy actually on a couch.

I recently finished out 5 years working out at Yellowstone National Park, and instead of simply returning to Florida, back to my warm bed and stellar Florida weather, I chose to return to Texas and stay on a couch. See, for me at least, doing what my seem most comfortable is not how I choose to live this life. If that were the case, to be honest, I probably wouldn't be a Christian.

I like the uncomfortable feelings that I often get when thinking of Christ. I mean, to consider that perfection was born into this world, walked among us, got beaten and abused and taunted like us, died a brutal death, rose from the dead, and now watches over us because he still cares about those who killed him...it's jaw-dropping, to say the least.

This is my blog. Obviously. I decided to start writing because something that I am passionate about is sharing my experiences with others, because good or bad, someone is sure to relate to the way your life has played out. I want to be able to connect my love for God and my passion for going against the grain with others out there. Thinking about trying to help others always brings me back to Matthew 4:19, where Jesus tells a group of fishermen that if they simply follow him that he will make them "fishers of men". We can apply that to our own lives and the way we live them. Simply speaking up as the body of Christ can bring so many more to Him.

I hope that for those of you who stop by, you feel compelled to share your own words. No need to be shy about your personal stories around me. After all, i'm sleeping on a couch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment